The RME Story

In 1931 Radio Manufacturing Engineers was founded by E.G. Shalkhauser W9CI and Russ M. Planck W9RGH. In 1939 they started producing their first receiver, the RME-9. In 1943 the company moved to 313 Bradley Ave., Peoria, Illinois, where the company's most famous set, the RME-69 was been produced.

After the War, RME merged with Electro-Voice, Buchanan, Michigan. Planck stayed with the company and supervised the design of a new series of shortwave receivers under the name of Radio Mfg. Engineers, Div. of Electro-Voice Inc.

In 1962 RME Division has been taken over by G.C. Electronics of Rockford, Il. The name of RME disappeared within a year.

  RME 4350A and RME-69 Videos

  RME Pictures  

  Return to Radio Pictures
  Return to MCRN Home